Sample cover letter for a mechanical engineer
If you’re looking for a job as a mechanical engineer, this sample cover letter will help you draft an introduction to prospective employers that will get results.
Stand out from the competition with a well-crafted cover letter.
If you’re looking to stand out, an impressive cover letter will help you manufacture an introduction to prospective employers. View our sample cover letter for a mechanical engineer below.
Additionally, you can learn about engineering careers and search for mechanical engineer jobs on Monster.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
ROBYN A. MATTHEWS
15 Elm Lane
Sometown, IN 55555
Home: (555) 555-5555
January 9, 2018
Mr. Andrew Smith
Director of Operations
15 Lafayette Way
Sometown, IN 55555
Re: Mechanical Engineer Position (Ref. Code: 12345), advertised on Monster.com
Dear Mr. Smith:
Your job description for a mechanical engineer perfectly matches my qualifications, and I am very interested in the opportunity.
I have enjoyed a progressively responsible engineering career with ABC Manufacturing Co., and participated in the engineering of three major car model changes. I am experienced in all phases of new vehicle model development and implementation, from conception to production stages. Most recently, I have:
- Contributed to major model changes for the 2008 Carname, 2007 Carname and 2006 Carname;
- Developed process plans and layouts for seven additional car models;
- Reduced ergonomic impact on production team members by designing new assist lift systems;
- Helped create estimation and calculation tool for project budgets, greatly improving negotiating power with installation contractors; and
- Built rapport with overseas colleagues, often traveling to Japan for production consultations.
In addition, I have served as lead engineer in establishing standards that have reduced costs, enhanced efficiency, improved production methods and simplified equipment and part needs.
Mr. Smith, I have received repeated commendations from ABC Manufacturing Co. for my work quality, revenue contributions, and commitment to achieving company goals, and I know I would be a valuable asset to your North American Division. Please feel free to call me at 555-555-5555 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting. I look forward to speaking with you!
Robyn A. Matthews
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Now that you've got the hang of writing a great cover letter, become a Monster member and upload your resume so recruiters can find you as soon as jobs open up.
Workshop Manager Resume Samples
Workshop Managers coordinate workshop sections and make sure operations run smoothly. Successful resumes for Workshop Managers showcase duties such as diagnosing technical issues, supervising repairs, assigning tasks to mechanics, organizing workshop activities, monitoring work progress, and implementing industry standards. Based on our selection of example resumes, the ideal candidate should demonstrate technical skills, leadership, time management, effective communication, and the ability to handle conflicts. Employers select candidates holding a degree in mechanical engineering and having previous supervisory experience.
Looking for job listings? Check out our Workshop Manager Jobs page.
Associate Workshop Manager
Managed customer interactive process, product merchandise inventory and maintained high quality store standards.
- Coached and trained associates to meet customer service expectations; store consistently achieved 80% or above Customer Satisfaction Scores.
- Recruited and hired new management and associates; handled associate personnel matters including performance reviews, evaluations, and payroll procedures. Conducted peer evaluations on leadership team.
- Confirmed scheduled parties and “up-sold” parties to qualifying guests in person and on the phone to ensure 100% guest satisfaction rate.
- Prepared sales material and called upon business organizations to promote parties for corporate team building, birthdays, day camps and scouts troops.
Workshop Manager, Trainer
Apple "Perfect Peer" award recipient based on customer service feedback and peer questionnaire
- Presented to diverse audiences on topics such as digital media, interactive presentations, etc.
- Facilitated field trips and Apple camps teaching video and music production to youth
- Managed personal setup, workshop, and visual teams, training and staffing, that impacted monetarily through store sales and culturally through positive feedback measured by a net promoter score (+37%)
- Taught members in sessions concerning apple software and hardware systems
Assistant Workshop Manager
Analyze weekly business and provide a recap of store trends, needs and customer feedback.
- Build revenue and increase sales through efficient planning.
- Manage and control expenses, reduce shrink, and payroll costs.
- Recruited, hired, trained and motivated assistant managers, associate managers, and associates for the new location.
- Oversee staff to ensure merchandise is neatly presented and displayed according to management's visual floor plans.
- Manage a $2 million dollar location with a staff of 10 plus, with minimal turn over.
Major Workshop Manager - Customer Engagement
Exceled at business development by fostering valuable corporate and community wellness partnerships.
- Scoped target prospects, mid-size to large businesses employing 200 employees or more, within Chicago Southland community in order to contract net new annual wellness programs among business partners.
- Executed health screenings and educational workshops for churches, community wellness groups and corporate Human Resource wellness plans.
- Supported client advocacy as vendor member of industry networking organizations.
- Developed and leveraged community partnerships, by building brand awareness among key decision-makers, in order to increase clinic appointment traffic and revenue.
- Maintained regular, consistent meeting calendar with entire client list to ensure program satisfaction.
Chief Workshop Manager
Led a Team of up to 15 employees, $750K in sales. Primary emphasis on working through team to produce results in guest satisfaction, employee retention, and performance metrics. Store ranked #6 of 296 in the Company for Sales, Profit, Guest and Employee Satisfaction Ratings, and #38 in the Company in Performance Metrics.
- Led team to a Store Guest Experience Ranking of #4 in the company in 2012. Improved rating upon assuming leadership from an 85.0% to a 91.5%. Company average, 80.0%.
- Implemented Training, Development & Succession Planning Culture. Successfully developed 3 Sales Associates into bench, ready for Manager positions. Maintained a zero-day Management Position Fill Rate throughout tenure.
- Achieved highest Employee Satisfaction Rating in Territory at 4.84 (maximum 5.0), leading to an increased Retention Rate from 50% in 2010 to 80% in 2012. Company average, 54%.
- Chosen to represent the 148 stores of the West Region as a Talent Coordinator, one of less than 20 in the Company. Mentored new Talent Coordinators in the US and the UK. Assisted District Managers in sourcing and interviewing for all open management positions.
- Initiated, planned, and executed multiple external Marketing Events, generating more than $6,000 annually in incremental revenue for the Store.
Assistant Workshop Manager
Managed all aspects of daily operations and conducted hiring to ensure appropriately sized staffing.
- Supervised 5-10 employees and provided continuous training.
- Coordinated promotional sales events and private parties of up to 15 customers.
- Assisted in annual inventories, reconciled cash with sales records, maintained operational records and prepared daily records of transactions.
- Consistently met or exceeded monthly sales goals through up-sales and first-hand product usage.
Chief Workshop Manager
Ranked consistently in the top 5% in in company in overall profitability
- Lead a team that consistently performed in the 10% of the company in sales maintained sales of over 2 million yearly
- Monitored and controlled payroll and shrink at or below the company standards on a consistent basis
- Responsible for training and recruiting all of members of the management team
- Was the Market Trainer for the District and served as the Bearitory Talent Coordinator for the District
- Role model for outstanding guest service and coached team to a high level of guest service with guest service scores over 85% ytd
- Successfully promoted members of the team to store manager positions
- Served as a member of the HR department to fill open management positions throughout the company utilizing Monster and Hot Jobs to search for resumes, worked with District managers to prescreen and recruit talent for open management positions for the last year
Assistant / Associate Workshop Manager
- Hired and trained 60-70 new team members in company policies, processes, and customer service standards. Performed weekly / monthly evaluations on all staff members.
- Monitored daily sales, performance, and payroll goals; achieved 75% of monthly sales goals in 2010, earning bonuses for 9 out of 12 months.
- Assisted multiple guests at one time, assessing needs and answering questions, while maintaining an exceptional service standard.
- Achieved top customer service rating in region for three consecutive years.
- Participated in company-wide effort that resulted in it being named a "Forbes Top 100 Companies to Work for" company for 2009, 2010, and 2011.
- Selected by upper management to travel to other locations to facilitate staff training.
- Handpicked by upper management to assist in the opening of a new location.
Chief Workshop Manager
- Developed, implemented and executed monthly sales plans. Created plans of action to achieve sales results, delegated assignments to management team and followed up and made adjustments as necessary.
- Ranked 8th of 300+ in the company for contributing factors in 2014.
- Reviewed monthly departmental expense reports and approved budgets. Maintained a 25% profitability 3 consecutive years.
- Successfuly closed the store for remodel, recruited, hired, and trained a staff of 16 employees for grand reopening as a concept store.
- Through coaching and development, promoted several associates into management roles including store manager.
- Maintained a >.1% inventory discrepancy
- Maintained payroll through properly scheduling staff of 19 with philosophy of making sales vs. cutting hours.
- Utilized outside marketing resources to ensure successful launches of new product.
- Insured quality work meeting established time guidelines for work orders.
- Initiated requisitions for need parts and supplies.
- Integrated rapid prototyping in machine process reducing cost by 22% increasing quality of workmanship
- Consolidated time reports for payroll.
- Prepared performance review for employees.
- Maintained a computerized work order system tracking work orders, machine times and inventory of parts and supplies.
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.