Paper writing process has many levels. Some people think that the hardest one is to cite the paper according to format. Well, it may be the truth, but the problem of formatting becomes not so serious if you just lack ideas about what to write. When teachers assign a task, they always mention a type of writing that students must do (like a persuasive essay, or a research paper). The decision on what topic to write lays 100% on the shoulders of a student. But what to do, if sudden creative block obstructs you?
Check out the latest and the coolest research paper and essay topics at Edusson! Our writers literally radiate with creative ideas for essays, so hurry up, be the first to get the essay topic now. You know, teachers always evaluate papers starting from the title. Edusson writers can make it stand out. We have a giant base of topic ideas (which is regularly enriching). You are welcome to take some ;)
Essay Topics by Category
There are plenty essay types, and the character of their topics depends on the specifics of each type. Whilst persuasive and argumentative essay topics may seem to be identical, cause and effect and narrative essay topics are completely different.
Argumentative essay topics:
- Is there too much pressure on teenagers to go to college?
- Should more rights be given to immigrants?
- Do TV shows and movies have the responsibility of being more diverse?
- How “fake news” trend changes a political and social life?
- How do reality shows impact society?
- Should the United States make English the official national language?
Persuasive essay topics
- Should students be allowed to use phones in elementary and high schools?
- Should all American citizens have to complete a year of community service?
- Should teenage girls be allowed to get birth control without the permission of their parents?
- Is it the time to reform immigration laws?
- Should children who commit violent crimes be tried as adults?
- Compare and contrast essay topics (learn more from the link)
- Antebellum Era vs. Reconstruction Era in American History
- Similarities and differences between Star Wars and Star Trek
- Cats vs. dogs: which ones make better pets
- New England Colonies vs. Middle Colonies OR vs. Southern Colonies
- Communism vs. Capitalism
Cause and effect essay topics:
- What is the effect of family vacations on family relationships?
- What effect did human curiosity in relation to our planet?
- What are causes of environmental catastrophes?
- How technology development affects on the state of nature?
- What are causes of technological advancements in Japan?
Narrative essay topics:
- Write about a time when you got hurt on the playground. What happened?
- An example of rebellion act from your life.
- Tell about morality problems that bother you and why.
- A negative example of cowardice.
- Tell about something you find your personal morality challenge.
- Expository essay topics (click to check out 50+ remaining topics)
- Explain the social significance of wearing a uniform at school.
- Explain the possible consequences of dropping out of college.
- Describe the changes in communication in the last 20 years since the internet emerged.
- Explain why the tolerance in a workplace is crucial.
- Define the causes and effects of not voting in the elections
New! Research paper topics
Essay Topics By Subject
During the course of any subject, teachers ask to write essays of different types, concerning one general theme. The huge variety of subtopics that cover general themes can confuse a student and take much time to make up a good essay topic. We created guides on how to write essays on general themes with lists of the most working essay topics.
Health Essay Topics
- Causes of Eating Disorders and Obesity;
- How to manage Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa;
- The Effect of Feminism on Anorexic Women Phenomenon;
Reaction Paper Topics: Travel
- The importance of traveling with your friends.
- The benefits of traveling alone.
- Describe the time when you traveled alone. What obstacles did you face? Did you learn something new about yourself?
Reflection Paper Topics: Art
- Modern and classic architecture – whose side you’re on?
- Why should we go to opera in XXI century?
- Van Gogh as a modern style icon;
Checklist for Choosing an Essay Topic
The checklist below will help you narrow down the essay topic choice and find a subject to discuss throughout your paper.
- Brainstorm with other students to generate multiple potential ideas
- Write down every idea you think of
- Go through the list and select a few essay topics you'd like to discuss
- Research the selected topics to see whether you can find enough evidence to support the claims you’ll make in an essay
- Narrow down your topic search and find an ideal subject to write about answering these questions:
- Can you finish the paper in the time available?
- Can you reach the specified word count with that topic?
- Can you get access to the resources you need for the paper with that title?
- Does the topic allow me to demonstrate my understanding of the subject?
- Does the topic allow me to demonstrate my writing skills properly?
- Am I motivated enough for this topic?
English language classes usually require a lot of writing. When you're a middle school student, you don't feel the pressure. But high school and college students are assigned complex topics. They are rarely free to choose their own idea, so it makes the situation even more complicated. An argumentative essay should be based on three major set of skills of any good student:
- Research skills
- Writing skills
- Analytical skills
If one of these is your weak point, you would probably need online academic writing assistance. Anyway, you should try writing a persuasive paper on one of the chosen topics on your own. This is a good practice for your communication and research skills. Argumentative essays are assigned to train your debating abilities. This assignment has a great influence on how a student will perform or give a public speech later.
HOW TO SELECT DEBATABLE ARGUMENTATIVE TOPICS TO DISCUSS
You might think that it's better when your teacher assigns a particular argumentative topic to you. Having a right to develop your own idea is always better. When working on the persuasive essay, a student has to collect all valuable and time-tested sources to prove his knowledge of the certain issue. You may be encouraged to use such primary sources as:
- Academic journals
- Scientific magazines
- Official reports
Even if you are an expert in a certain field, don't hesitate to use and cite external sources. It will point to your ability to collect and select only the most relevant sources. Besides, direct and indirect quotes are needed to support your knowledge of academic writing style. If you are not sure in your writing skills, turn to professional writing agency to buy a winning argumentative essay on a variety of topics for cheap.
GET YOUR PERFECT ESSAY NOW
BEST ARGUMENTATIVE PAPER TOPICS
Easy argumentative essay topics
- Education should be free for everyone
- Why are the US citizens rapidly becoming more obese?
- Internet access must be limited to students
- Young people must have a right to choose when it comes to military
- Each student must have a right to pick only those disciplines he is interested in
- What are the advantages US educational system offers to international students?
- Which secondary languages are worth studying today?
- Is education too commercialised nowadays?
- Is current academic grading helpful in performance?
- Are tests like SAT and ACT effective?
- Advantages and disadvantages of MBA program.
Sports argumentative essay topics
- What can be done to assist teenagers in maintaining a healthy weight?
- Physical education in the school system.
- Does participation in NCAA negatively influence the academic performance?
- What is the top unbreakable record in sport?
- Is Michael Jordan still a basketball star?
Argumentative essay topics for middle school
- What is the real relationship between food, fitness, and weight?
- What are the negative effects of diets?
- Society should fight with anorexia
- To regulate health issues, people should think about their sleep more
- Is golf still demanded?
- Steroid takers must be banned from team sports activities.
- Is swimming really the best type of sport?
- Hockey and other dangerous sports.
Argumentative essay topics for college
- Production and sales of tobacco must be made illegal
- Death sentence should be activated in every country of the world
- Smoking in public places has to be banned
- Alcohol usage should be controlled
- They should not sell alcohol beverages after 11 P.M.
- Energetic drinks should be banned and made illegal
- Should court proceedings be documented for television?
- The most suitable age to have a right to vote.
- When can citizens start drinking and smoking (specific age)?
- On the whole, is there justice for all?
- Was the Industrial Revolution a Europe-wide phenomenon in the nineteenth century?
Classical argument topics
- It should be forbidden to use species of animals for research purposes and cruel experiments
- Should rainforests destructions be punished?
- To what extent are electric vehicles a solution to global pollution?
- Pros and cons of globalisation.
- Was Roosevelt right about building a Panama Canal?
- Are you on the side of King-Kong or militaries who interrupted his world to study it using violent measures?
- The risks the United States may face in terms of rapidly changing climate conditions.
- Earthquakes and their consequences.
- Tsunami: the death wave.
- Beautiful forests of Amazonia.
- Which species should be included in the Red Book (Liber Novus)?
- How can students add up to the social movement for nature's safety?
Controversial argumentative essay topics
- Third World War should be Prevented by Russian and US Governments
- Existing public school policies must be changed
- Is gun control an effective way to control the crime?
- Government should forbid same-sex marriages
- Society is turning over-regulated
- The countries with the highest levels of corruption.
- Are some political authorities engaged in illegal activities in the US?
- Should people with physical disabilities be accepted by the government?
- To be a politician: art or a born talent.
- Can anyone be above the law?
- Pros and cons of Monarchy.
- Is CIS a better alternative for the USSR?
Argumentative essay on technology
- Violent video games should be prohibited
- Does technology make people feel alone?
- YouTube Owners Should Check and Fix Comments That Involve Filthy Language
- Are people becoming technological zombies?
- Will humanity reach the time when there will be no more technological advancement?
- Influences of mobile phones: pros and cons
- Technology and education
Argumentative essay on social media
- Is technology limiting creativity?
- The role of communications in social networks for modern education.
- Are contemporary people too much reliant on technology?
- Are online friends more effective than imaginary?
- Is censorship of Internet necessary?
6th-grade argumentative essay topics
- First aid and medical help, in general, should become free
- People are good at heart (download and use an example now)
- People must spend less time on official work without any effect on their salaries
- Social movements must be financed by governments
- Parents have no right to control the lives of their children above 16
- Cloning must be banned
- Global warming (Just download the sample you need for free!)
- Are abortions legal?
- Cross-cultural marriages add up to racial tolerance
- Is it OK to date a younger male?
- What us incest?
- What should be the role of partners in relationship and family?
- Is online dating safe and productive?
- Will people start marrying their computers soon?
Funny argument topics
- Would Batman be in law in a real world?
- 2D vs. 3D vs. 4D: What's Next?
- Can the chip control the human mind like they do in superhero movies?
- Does Griffins Family correspond to the typical American family?
- Graffiti is an illegal art. How should it be punished?
- Marijuana should be legal.
- Should parents be soft on their children?
Art, Music & Movie Ideas for Papers
- Does art pay?
- Can music and cinematography be called an art too?
- Is gothic art the most preferred and magnificent in history of mankind?
- Can you succeed in life working in the field of art?
- Are today's music tracks educational or meaningful at all?
- Is modern lyrics too explicit for a young audience?
- There is no plot in the majority of up-to-date movies.
- How long should a motion picture last?
DOWNLOAD MORE ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY SAMPLES
VALUABLE TIPS & SIGNS OF THE GREAT TOPIC IDEAS
If you wish everyone to read your piece with the bated breath, try to:
- Pick a topic that everyone is currently discussing. Pay attention to the rumours.
- Select a question an answer to which is still unknown to many people.
- Choose an audience that does not agree with your point.
- Decide on the problem on which everyone has a specific point of view.
- Choose an issue based on your own interests, but don't go too far!
Here we have shared some of the most effective tips:
- No obvious argumentative paper topics!
- Do not stop on those topics that do not arise any arguments. Topics that state scientific facts proved by centuries do not work.
- A debatable essay must focus on the critical issue which leads to the global conflicts.
- Almost every second problem related to politics is a good choice. You may also write something about your school, college or university policies that annoy you or make students argue with their teachers and principals.
- Skip topics that people tend to agree on.
- At the same time, it is better to pass by argumentative essay topics connected with religion, gender, race, and other sensitive episodes of human life. Otherwise, your subjective opinion may be graded subjectively.
- It is better to write your essay following APA style. You may read how to format academic papers in APA here.
Remember: the world is not black-and-white. There are always two sides of the coin. So, even if you're pretty sure in your claim, and the majority of people tend to support it, consider the arguments of the opposing side. Only then your argumentative paper will be graded respectively high.
As you can see, the procedure is everywhere the same. But the idea is to choose the most exciting argumentative paper topics in order to impress both your audience and your teacher. It's like a competition, where the highest grade is your prize. Whenever you need immediate help with your assignment, turn to the professional writing service which can compose an argumentative essay on any topics in several hours.
A FEW WORDS ABOUT STRUCTURE
Just like any other academic paper, argumentative essay requires such steps as:
- In-depth research
- Gathering of information
- Picking the most credible and up-to-date sources
- Writing a draft
- Writing compare and contrast essay itself
- Revising (at least twice)
Speaking about the organisation and structure of the argumentative essay, we offer a five-paragraph paper outline. Let your original ideas flow in this manner:
A conclusion is, no doubt, the most important part of the argumentative essay as you can either support the good impression or destroy it entirely. If you want to avoid typical mistakes, find valuable recommendations in this article.
It all seems easy: just select, draft, write and revise. You may keep your argumentative essays for your future job portfolio in case they are highly graded. We recommend fixing them a bit once your teacher returns the checked version to you. The next time, the process would seem much easier to you.
If you have no desire to waste time on selecting the best topic and writing the whole argumentative essay from scratch, don't forget that you have a loyal team of professionals by your side. We are always ready to help for affordable prices - just contact us in the case of any questions or need for additional information. Expand your horizons by ordering an outstanding argumentative paper from expert US writers!
GRAB YOUR "A" ESSAY HERE!
In need of professional academic backing? – Look no further!